Rock Traverse Tutorial
Basic Rock Traverse
- Jump up, and grab onto the first two rocks with your hands, and pull yourself up into a locked off position
- Swing your body to get a little bit of momentum, while at the same time transferring your right hand one rock to the right.
- Using the same technique, move your left hand to the next rock.
- Repeat steps until obstacle is completed
Advanced finger strength is needed for this obstacle
- Start with both hands on the green rock on the left hand side
- Using very little momentum, transfer your right hand to the blue rock, leaving the small green rock in between both hands
- Repeating the process, transfer your left hand to the next rock, the small green one the right hand skipped
- Repeat the above steps to complete the Rock Traverse
Pro Tip- It's a good idea to practice lock offs, and make sure you have adequate finger strength before attempting the more difficult rock traverse. Practicing the Cliffhanger and Peg Wall obstacles will help you develop the strength and stability needed to complete this obstacle.
Learn More About Our Kids Ninja Warrior Program
We're teaching ninja warrior classes daily at Bodies in Motion. Click below to learn more about the program, the schedule, and to take advantage of our web special.